Friday, January 22, 2010

Kuris Kuris "Jacob's Dream" by: Gil Maningo

Spent the new year talking to one of Cebu's elite artists, not to mention one of the best, Mr. Gil Maningo. He happens to be my friends dad, he definitely has one of the most colorful characters I've met. I saw his works and its a beacon of inspiration. I learned a lot from him, gave me a lot of tips on life's most essential lessons. After a few glasses of red wine and a profoundly significant conversation, he made me a painting of my future rest house. What struck me most is when he told me that he bases his works on how he sees a persons character, and this came out. It was perfect! Someday when I realize this dream, I'll proudly hang this on the wall of my dream rest house. . My very own painting from the master. Amazing!


No comments:

Post a Comment